Assistive Technology for the Disabled Incentive Program
This unique incentive program encourages R&D of assistive technologies for the disabled and contributes to their quality of life while easing their integration into society, the community and the labor market. These developments benefit the disabled and enable significant financial saving on social and national levels.
Goal of the incentive program:
Encouragement of industrial products’ R&D that provide technological solutions for the disabled to enable them to integrate into society and the labor market. This incentive program is the result of collaboration between the Innovation Authority and the National Insurance Funds.
Who is the incentive program for?
Israeli companies and nonprofit organizations interested in developing technologies that serve groups with physical, mental or cognitive disabilities, who collectively represent up to 5% of the population.
What do you get?
- A maximum grant of NIS 900,000 for a period of up to 12 months.
- An NGO project that is approved will receive 85% of the approved budget up to the maximum grant.
- A commercial corporation’s project that is approved will receive: 65% of the approved budget up to the maximum grant if the corporation was established up to 5 years before submission of the request and 30%-50% of the approved budget if the corporation is more than 5 years before submission of the request.
Why should you apply for this incentive program?
- Support at a higher rate than usual: R&D projects in this incentive program are supported by the Authority at a higher rate than usual.
- Exemption from royalty repayment for NGOs: Nonprofit organizations are exempt from paying royalties, as usually set in most of the Authority’s incentive programs.
For further details: Assistive Technology for the Disabled Incentive Program