Incubators Incentive Program
This incentive program is designed for entrepreneurs who are interested in establishing a startup company based on an innovative technological concept. A technological incubator is a center for entrepreneurship intended to invest in new startup companies and provide them with technological, business and administrative support.
The incubator offers a supportive framework for the establishment of a company and development of a concept into a commercial product. The incubators are selected through competitive processes for a license period of eight years and are spread across Israel. The list of incubators operating in Israel is available on the Authority website.
Goal of the Incentive program:
Supporting newly established startups to reach a fundable milestone.
Who is the incentive program for?
- Entities interested in establishing technological incubators in Israel and receiving a license from the Innovation Authority.
- Private entrepreneurs interested in establishing startup companies
- New Israeli startup companies owned by private entrepreneurs interested in developing a commercial product
- New Israeli startup companies owned by private entrepreneurs interested in developing a commercial product.
- Research institutions interested in commercializing technologies based on ground-breaking studies of new startup companies.
What do you get?
- The conditional grant provided as part of this incentive program is 85% of the approved budget, up to NIS 3.5 million for a period of up to two years or up to NIS 6 million for a period of up to three years (depending on project type and geographical location of the incubator). Companies implementing the project in Area ‘A’ Development Regions will receive additional funds.
- The grant provided as part of the Biotechnology Incubator is 85% of the approved budget, up to NIS 8.1 million for a period of up to three years.
- Supplementary investment financing of 15% of the approved budget provided by the incubator, which completes 100% of the total budget. No financial investment is required by the entrepreneur.
- Comprehensive assistance from the incubator, including physical space and infrastructure, administrative services, technological and business guidance, legal advice and access to partners, additional investors and potential customers.
Why should you apply for this incentive program?
Favorable conditions for entrepreneurs: The entrepreneurs are not obliged to establish a company before the project is approved by the Authority. The incubator provides infrastructure to establish the company and project.
Experienced partner: The incubator is a partner with vast experience and expertise in leading startups and commercializing products. It facilitates follow-on investments in companies that have graduated from the incubator and assists them in market penetration.
Administration: The incubator provides the entrepreneurs with all necessary administrative and accounting services in dealing with the Authority.
Attractive conditions: Low risk, high leverage, a degree of certainty.
For further details: Incubators Incentive Program