Tax Benefits for Companies and Investors ● Encouraging Hi-Tech Companies to Go Public on the Israeli Stock Exchange ● The Israel Brain Gain Program – Bringing Knowledge Back to Academia and Industry
Tax Benefits for Companies and Investors
The Israel Innovation Authority is responsible for granting a variety of certifications to companies that it supports, which are engaged in R&D and operate in Israel. These certifications allow the companies to receive government incentives or general benefits, including: income tax relief, tax benefits under the Angels Law, special permits for issuance of shares on the stock exchange, certification for receiving a grant from the Jerusalem Development Authority, and more.
Encouraging Hi-Tech Companies to Go Public on the Israeli Stock Exchange
The Israel Innovation Authority is working in cooperation with the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) to encourage R&D-intensive companies to go public in Israel. TASE offers easy registration for R&D-intensive companies that were approved by the Authority and meet the criteria set by the Stock Exchange.
In late 2015, the Israel Innovation Authority, the Israel Securities Authority, and TASE launched a project which included economic surveys carried out by an external research firm that performs research for corporations traded on the Stock Exchange in the technology, biomedical and other sectors. The incentive program’s purpose is to assist in providing access to information about the technological corporations traded in Israel.
The Israel Brain Gain Program – Bringing Knowledge Back to Academia and Industry
In June 2013, following a governmental decision, the Israel Brain Gain Program was launched in order to assist Israeli scholars and professionals throughout the entire process of returning to Israel. The program was created out of a broader perspective of the overall needs of the Israeli economy, which requires hi-tech personnel, managers, engineers, scientists, researchers and doctors, who have accumulated knowledge, education and valuable experience overseas. This program is suitable for any Israeli living abroad, providing they hold a Bachelor`s degree or above and can integrate into Israeli academia or industry. The program is also intended for employers in Israeli industry who are interested in hiring high-quality staff with international experience.
The program assists academicians and professionals that wish to return to Israel, in several primary areas:
- Assistance in finding a job in industry or academia.
- Assistance for the whole family throughout the entire process of returning to Israel.
- Personal attention and direct answers through a personal coordinator, providing individual support for each professional who expresses a desire to return to Israel.
- Fast track service via email in collaboration with the National Insurance Institute (Bituach Leumi).
- A scholarship program for support in flight ticket costs for job interviews in Israel.
- Preparatory workshops about the difficulties of integration of the entire family, career development and integration in the Israeli economy.
- Mentors program for support and guidance through the process of returning to Israel.
The program is also engaged in:
- Maintaining contact with Israeli academicians who reside abroad.
- Research and policy formation.
- Initiation of designated programs to remove barriers, facilitate the return process, and implement the government policy in the area of brain gain and brain drain.